We're going to have another conference call on Sunday. We will be sharing ideas about the best way to enact an #HonestElections platform that includes transparent, secure, accurate and fair elections.
Please join us. Guests on the call will include:
Philip Stark - associate dean of mathematical and physical sciences at the University of California, Berkeley; board of advisers of the U.S. Election Assistance Commission. He has called for a risk-limiting audit of the election.
Victoria Collier - National Election Defense Coalition
Laura Pressley, Ph.D. - 2014 candidate for Austin TX city council. There is a great news piece here about the discrepancies in her election results, the corruption errors in the computer audit logs and the election laws that the Texas Secretary of State is violating.
Niko House - activist
A suggested platform for #HonestElections for discussion:
10 STEPS TOWARD ELECTION REFORM
1) IMPARTIAL ELECTORAL INSTITUTIONS
2) TRANSPARENT PUBLIC COUNTING OF THE VOTES; POSSIBLE REFORMS INCLUDE:
- REPLACE VOTING MACHINES WITH VOTER-MARKED, HAND-COUNTED PAPER BALLOTS
- OR DO BOTH MACHINE COUNTS & 100% HAND COUNTS
- ACCESS TO BALLOT IMAGES
- PHOTOGRAPH BALLOTS PUBLICLY AND ITEMIZE BALLOTS ONLINE
3) WHERE MACHINE ARE IN USE - VOTER-MARKED PAPER BALLOTS, REAL SECURITY & MEANINGFUL AUDITS
4) UNIVERSAL VOTER REGISTRATION
5) PUBLIC FINANCING OF CAMPAIGNS
6) CIVICS GRADES 3 - 12 [Emphasize participation and Multiple Points of View]
7) 3RD PARTY DEBATE & BALLOT ACCESS
8) MODIFY THE ELECTORAL COLLEGE
9) RESTORE VOTING RIGHTS TO EX-FELONS
10) MANDATE ISSUE-BASED COVERAGE ON NETWORKS